Monday, June 3, 2013

Urban Outfitters-Pluto

Hi everyone happy Monday! Today's polish is a pretty glitter, Urban Outfitters-Pluto. My town recently got an Urban Outfitters in down town, and since the only thing I can afford in that store is the nail polish, I've recently acquired several of their polishes! Pluto is a beautiful navy/purple-y jelly base (I LOVE navy!!) with super pretty iridescent glitter. I think this is a really unique color/polish in general, so kudos to Urban for doing something so original!
In the bottle the base looks darker and more blue, but on the nail there is definitely some purple in there. And look at that amazing glitter sparkle! These pictures all have a coat of Seche Vite on top to smooth out the glitter. 

Here's a close-up of my finger. I love how the pretty jelly base sort of hides the glitter from the previous coats. And the top glitter is so much sparklier in real life it's just like outer space BAM on my nails!
Now let's talk formula. Just from looking at this polish you can expect the polish to be pretty goopy, but I had no idea just how bad it would be. When I first started painting I had no idea how goopy it would be and stupidly plopped a giant thick drop onto my pinkie. That was a HUGE mistake! The polish sort of runs around depending on how you're tilting your hand. It was a pain. My advice with this polish is to apply several VERY thin coats. It's also a good idea to let the previous coat dry before applying the next coat, or else the polish will sort of drag off and be all patchy. My pinkie has 2 gloppy lumpy coats, and the other fingers all have 3 thinner coats. It definitely is easier to manage with 3 coats, and I think it's totally worth it seeing as the color is so gorgeous! 
This polish cost $5 at Urban Outfitters, but they have a 2 for $8 sale, so I think I got this for $4 with another polish.
That's it for today see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment