Friday, June 21, 2013

Julep-Eloise

Hello everyone! Happy first day of summer! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather! Today's post will be a short one cuz I gotta run to a birthday party after this. The polish I'll be showing you all today is Julep-Eloise. This is a nice blue-grey creme. It's a very soft looking shade, but dark at the same time. I love colors like this.
These photos are showing the color a little darker than in real life. While the polish does apply a little darker than bottle color, it's not as dark as these pictures. It's hard to see the grey undertones in these pictures, but it's definitely there!
 The formula on this was a little streakier than expected, but not too bad. I used 2 coats for these pictures. For most polishes I wouldn't be upset about having to use 2 coats, but seeing as Julep bottles are FREAKING TINY(see picture below) and are als FREAKING EXPENSIVE, I kinda hoped it would only require one coat. I was sort of hesitant about swatching my Juleps, because I didn't want to waste them! They dry pretty fast, and also nice and shiny. These pictures do not have top coat.
The bottle color in this picture is closer to what the polish looks like on the nail. It's really pretty! I love smoky grey looking colors.
Julep costs $14 (!!) each(!!!!!) for a bottle that only has .27 fl oz, which is about half of a normal bottle (!!!!!) I did get all my Juleps on a sale though, when I first signed up on their website. It's kind of complicated, but I got 4 bottles for about $10 (!) and then 2 more later. But I'm not going back to that site and paying $14 for a teeny tiny bottle. 
You can find Juleps on their website, and at places like Sephora.
That's it for today's post have a good rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment