Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-Chicago inspired!

Hello hope everyone's having a good weekend! Today's nail art is inspired by my favorite musical ever: Chicago! If anyone else has seen it it's amazing and is like a serious feel good movie for me, which is weird seeing as its terribly dark. I wasn't feeling terribly up to nail art today, so I thought I would just do something with loose glitter. I watched the movie for like the third time the other night with some friends, so today when I was thinking of glittery designs, Chicago obviously came to mind. I was also listening to the Chicago soundtrack while doing these (<3<3<3) so I was super Chicago geeked out. 

The black nails with red glitter were based on Billy Flynn's (my fave character!) suit in the song Razzle Dazzle (also one of my favorite songs!):

This is probably my favorite outfit in the movie. Gotta love that red glitter pinstripe suit! I knew I had to some sort of nail art with it!
Those nails were also kind of problematic. I knew I wanted to have a matte background with bright glitter, but I didn't really know how to have a matte background without matting the glitter too, which I didn't want to. So I applied the matte top coat and put the glitter on top, but I wasn't sure if the glitter was gonna just fall out, so I took a striping brush and put some Seche Vite on top of just the glitter. It looks sort of bumpy now and I'm not quite a fan of it, but I couldn't see any other way to do it. 


The white accent nails were based on Velma and Roxie's dresses in the final number of the movie:
It's sorta hard to see here but their dresses have thin lines of silver glitter on a white iridescent background.
These nails were easier. After a white base, I used a thin coat Milani-Diamond Dazzle, which is a densely packed fine iridescent glitter in a clear base, on top. It's hard to see the pretty iridescence in these pictures but it's really pretty in real life. Then I placed the silver glitter in diagonal lines across. 


The hardest part of these nails was getting all the damn glitter in a straight line. You can see I didn't really do that good of a job of that, especially with the diagonal lines. 

I like these nails a lot, even though the glitter was a pain in the ass. I swear my left hand was trembling when placing that glitter! I just hope these nails last and that the red glitter doesn't all fall off. 
So has anyone else seen Chicago?! It's great I hafta say my fave song is probably the Cell Block Tango (whose isn't?!) but I love We Both Reached for the Gun, All That Jazz, Razzle Dazzle, and of course, When You're Good to Mama...
I quote that song all the time in order to get people to do stuff for me
 Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'll see you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment