Thursday, June 13, 2013

Zoya FeiFei + some striping

Hi everyone! I didn't have any final exams yesterday so I had some free time on my hands (when I should have been studying. Psh) and I only had my french test this morning, so now I have the rest of the day! Yay. So yesterday I decided to swatch one of my untrieds, the famous Zoya-FeiFei. This is a really popular color among other nail bloggers that I've seen, and I get why. IT'S FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh pictures simply do not do it justice. It's such a pretty shimmery color. The predominant base color is a slatey blue purple color, but there are flecks of shimmer of all sorts of other colors in there. From my close examination, I see blue, green, purple, pink, silver, and orange. Holding the nail at different angles reveals different colors of shimmer. If you look at it really close up it looks like a rainbow! Maybe like a holographic effect or something. Whatever it is, I LOVE it!!
You just have to see this polish in person to appreciate it! Here's an uber close up of one of my fingers so you can see the flecks of shimmer better:
The formula on FeiFei was rather sheer, and I used 3 coats to build it up to opacity. Also it smells funny. Kinda nasty. Sometime I'm gonna try layering this over some other polishes, since I think it's sheer enough to do so. 
And of course yesterday I couldn't leave my nails all one color, so I took out my striping tape, did some accent nails, and this happened:
I was too lazy to do all my other nails, so accent nails will have to do! The glitter I used was China Glaze-Optical Illusion. I love all the full coverage glitters that came out in that collection! I love full coverage glitters in general. Optical Illusion was so freaking sparkly that you can see it totally freaked out my camera! It just wouldn't focus. God I love sparkly things...
Ugh I hate how my camera won't focus on the thumb! But also the blurry image also kinda shows you all the colors in Optical Illusion so it looks kinda cool! 
Zoya polishes are $8 on their website, and you can find China Glaze in most beauty salons or drug stores, and I think they cost somewhere in the $5-$7 range?
Anyway that's all for today and I promise I'll have some nail art for you guys on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment