Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kleancolor-Firework

Hello everyone! My finals are over yayayay!!!! Summer had OFFICIALLY started, despite that we still have two more 1/2 days of school. Blegh. Whatever, I'm just so happy that I have no more school and homework and can waste more time painting my nails and blogging and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer...
So today's polish is a simple glitter that I picked up from my town's Spring Fling festival thing last year. It's just like a large open market and they always a nail polish stand with cheap nail polish so I like to go there. I got four polishes there this year, they had OPI polish there for like $6 it was awesome! My friend was forced to stay with me at the booth while I looked at nail polish and she witnessed my whole nail polish buying process. It's pretty long and tedious, I can spend FOREVER in front of a nail polish display debating about what to buy...etc.
So anyway, today's glitter polish is Kleancolor-Firework. It's a pretty fun mix of red,gold, and teal hex glitter and little gold microglitter in a kinda yellow-y base. The red glitter can look very fucsia at certain angles that it sometimes looks like there is actual fucsia glitter in it, like maybe someone knocked over the tube of fucsia glitter and some fell in lol! The yellow base isn't all that noticeable on the nail, just a little over white, which is good. I really don't like glitter in a tinted base because it's always hard to layer it over other stuff.
 The middle and index fingers have a matte top coat on top, just because I was curious about how matte would look. I might have mentioned before though that I'm just not really a fan of matte. But it does look pretty cool. The other two nails, and the rest of the nails in this post, have a coat of Seche Vite on top. 
I played around with some layering just over some colors that I already had on for swatching anyway. You might have seen these last week,
This is Firework over Color Club-Coral Cascade:
Here it is over Zoya-Kristen. I really like this combo:
I like that combo a lot, like the subtle muted Kristen contrasts against the bright and colorful Firework!
Here's Firework over OPI-Honey Ryder, which is one of those textured polishes, this combo is pretty neat too:
On my ring and middle fingers you can see some serious fucsia glitter! It's actually the red glitter that just looks pinker due to the angle and lighting. The little gold microglitters don't really show up over the gold base of Honey Ryder, but I think the glitter on top of textured combo is kinda cool. I might have to experiment with it again! I'll have swatches of Honey Ryder alone later this week. 
Kleancolor polishes can be found in drugstores, I got mine from the Spring Fling for like $2, I don't know how much they cost in stores, but I think they're pretty cheap.
Overall I really like this glitter. It's fun and I think the name is very fitting! That's it for today guys thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment