Thursday, June 20, 2013

OPI-Honey Ryder

Hello people of middle earth! Today was my last day of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello summer! Summer=sleep, nail polish, nail art, Buffy, Firefly, band camp, sock monkeys, bracelets, and any other fun crafts that I find myself interested in! So excited!!
Today's polish is one of those new textured polishes that is SWEEPING the nail polish land. I'm pretty sure OPI, China Glaze, Zoya, Orly, and at least on other brand that I can't remember right now has a line of textured polishes. Essie is the only big brand I can think of that hasn't caught on yet. We'll just have to wait and see...
This polish is from OPI's bond girls collection (and it's based on the one bond girl in the collection that I actually know!) OPI-Honey Ryder.

I picked up Honey Ryder at this years spring fling, along with Solitaire, so I'll be posting that sometime soon. Those are the only two textured polishes I own, and I really want to get my hands on some more, maybe some more colorful ones, because they are AWESOME!
Honey Ryder is a gold textures polish, with lot's of gold sparkle! It's awesome. It dries all matte and gritty, although it is smoother than I expected. I guess it can't be too gritty otherwise it would be catching on things. That would be annoying
The formula was beautiful, it applied just like a regular polish. It dried nice and fast and only needed two coats. You're (obviously) not supposed to wear a top coat with these sorts of polishes, so I don't know how long it lasts. I was going to take top coat pictures so you guys could see how HR looked with top coat, all glossy and smooth and stuff. But I forgot :-/
OPI polishes tend to cost around the $8 mark, and you can find them in drug/beauty stores like CVS, Walgreens, Harmon's, etc.


The original Honey Ryder :P She's from the very first James Bond movie, Dr.No. The really old James Bond movies with Sean Connery. Yeah. That old. I know nobody remembers those early movies but they weren't half bad! And I really liked Honey Ryder too. Before she got all evil. :(
That's all for today everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment