Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-Newspaper nails

Hi all! How's everyone's weekend been? I haven't been up to much really, watching Firefly and Angel. I finished Firefly this weekend and watched Serenity(for the second time). My fave character dies :( Don't you hate when that happens? You're all like GRRRRRRR TV I HATE YOU and you're all mad but at the same time you're crying cuz you're favorite character just got IMPALED BY A GORAM REAVER HARPOON. 
So anyway, today I wasn't feeling terribly inspirational or artistic. I was going to do one design but it failed miserably and sapped out all my creativity for the day. So I reverted to my favorite back up manicure ever, newspaper nails! 
I can't even explain how much I love newspaper nails! I hadn't done them in a couple of years and I thought it would be fun to do them again. And they're SO easy!
 The base is OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I did accent nails by using characters from the comics page :P You can see them all at the end of the post. 
I kind of failed a little bit on my left hand. I don't know why but I just couldn't place the newspaper properly!
To do these I painted on my base color, then some quick dry topcoat. It's really important that the nails are DRY before doing the newspaper part! Then I clipped small sections of newspaper, dipped them in Isopropyl Rubbing alcohol and pressed them onto the nail. I held them there for about 10-15 seconds, and rubbed the surface of the nail so they would transfer evenly. If you're curious check out this awesome tutorial:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kcdt4_5Ncc

Is it weird that I really love the smell of rubbing alcohol? 


The newspaper print does tend to get all around you're other nails, and it's kind of a pain in the butt to remove. But all in all newspaper nails are so PERFECT for any occasion and are super easy to do!
Here are my ring fingers and thumbs that I did accent nails on. I used little characters from the comics section for them! I didn't really show them in the other pictures so I thought I would put them here!
That's it guys! Thanks for reading, and, advice, don't watch Serenity unless you're in for a cryfest. Bye guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment