Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-Stripey Zig Zags

Hello everyone! Super anticipated for my math/global finals tomorrow! Ack after tomorrow my school year is practically over. I still have my english final on Tuesday but I'm not really worried about that. But my brain is freaking out over math! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
So to calm myself down today, and procrastinate on studying...I did this!
(I also changed the watermark on my pics. Yay:P)
So these nails were inspired by this shirt my friend was wearing the other day:

The nails and the shirt don't really match, but I just used the shirt for inspiration then translated it as best as I could onto my nails.
I started with basecoat, then 2-3 coats of OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Only some nails needed a third coat to smooth out.
After the base I used a quick dry top coat, then ate some lunch...then used a fan brush to do the design.
I was originally debating between using a regular striping brush and a fan brush. Well, 4 seconds into using the striping brush, I was like nope and picked up my fan brush. I think striping brushes just hate me. The fan brush was much easier though. It took a couple nails to get used to how to use the fan brush to make my zig zaggy designs, but I got the hang of it.
The colors are:
Light blue: OPI-Can't Find My Czechbook
Navy blue: Butter London-Royal Navy(<3)
Pinkish red: Essie-Saturday Disco Fever
Purple: Essie-Playdate
I used 2 coats of topcoat to get the nails nice and smooth, and done! I really like these nails, they were easy and I think this design is something that I will be doing variations on again in the future:)
So here's a comparison between my nails and the original inspiration:
Overall I really like that pattern and the look on my nails. They're a little more colorful than my usual designs, but I've been trying to use more color and less grays, nudes etc...
Thanks for reading guys! Wish me luck on my math final and I'll see you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment