Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ciate-Apples and Custard

Hello everyone! How is everyone's week going? I've been lounging around the house, enjoying my free time...watching Firefly till my head explodes from the sexiness of Mal Reynolds (Nathan Fillion). So sad there are only 14 episodes :( I'm going to have to keep watching these episodes over and over again until I get enough...
So today's color is Ciate-Apples and Custard. I picked this up when I was in London several months ago. It's a UK brand, so shipping to the US is MONSTROUS! I got lucky when I saw them in this department store my mom and I were in. They had quite a few colors there, but I was kind of on a budget and only got one, the only that really called out to me. Of course, it was green (I am such a sucker for green. I have more green polishes in my collection than any other color).

Apples and Custard is a lovely spring green, but not the same as Illamasqua-Nomad, which is a bit lighter and brighter. Apples and Custard is a little grey toned, though less so in real life than in these pictures. These pictures are showing it a little darker than they really are.
And I just love those bottles! That's one of the main reasons I wanted a Ciate polish so bad, just look at that awesome bottle shape! And the little bow... *dies* it's so cute!
Unfortunately the formula on this was a little less than ideal. It was REALLY streaky and kind of lumpy, which is weird because I've worn this polish before and don't remember it being so lumpy. Maybe I just applied it bad this time around, but I'm wearing 4 (!) coats in these pictures, and it needed all 4 coats to be even and smooth. But I think some of that was my fault, I was kind of rushing :-/, and if I applied it more carefully I could probably get away with 3 or 2 coats. It would be a pity of the formula on this was really that bad, because in the US these retail for about $15. It's a high end brand man! 
You can buy Ciate polishes in certain Sephora stores, and on their website.
Well that's all for today guys! I have to go board the Serenity and fly around space now...yay!
Teehee Malcolm Reynolds
Oh and uh...my new catchphrase

No comments:

Post a Comment