Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day Mani!

Hello and happy fourth of July my fellow Americans! Anyone going to see fireworks later? I'm not sure if I'm going, I haven't really been into fireworks lately. Just a bunch of people gathered to see pretty lights with loud booms and then get choked by smoke. I don't like going to crowded places, so fourth of July fireworks=unnecessary social contact. 
However, I decided to get a little into the fourth of July spirit with an independence day manicure!
Originally I wasn't even planning on doing a red white and blue manicure because I don't really like those colors together. But I figured I'd have to show my patriotism in some way, so what better way for me than on my nails!
The white base is Kleancolor-White, while the red is Essie-She's Pampered and the blue is Essie-Butler Please. The accent nails are Julep-Michelle with Milani-Diamond Dazzle glitter on top. I used a fan brush to do the red and blue zig zaggy stripes. 
There's a piece of rogue copper glitter on my index finger :P
Here's a close up of my accent nails. I tried little fireworks on them with glitter. I wish I had more colors of bar glitter, but I only have gold. The silver glitter I pulled from another polish. Note to self-buy more bar glitter.
It's kind of funny, because my friend was always joking that I should take mini firecrackers and attach them to my nails, and then I could fire them off and have mini fireworks! So these mini firecracker nails are dedicated to her ;)
I also really like this "firecracker" design. I might have to use those in another manicure sometime!
More fireworks on my thumbs yay.
So that's all I have for today! Anyone have fun fourth of July plans? Whatever they are, I hope you enjoy, and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment