Friday, July 19, 2013

Glitter Spam-Multicolor Glitters Part 1

Hello happy Friday(yay!) Anyone have fun weekend plans? Me not so much, in fact I have absolutely zero plans at all. I guess that means lot's of swatching yay! 
Today I've got another glitter spam post, my multicolored glitters! This has been divided into two posts because I didn't want to have too many polishes/pictures in one post. Sorting the multicolored glitters was kinda difficult, and while swatching some of them I ended up moving them into different categories. But I do have some fun and sparkly glitters in this post so yay!
First up is Spoiled by Wet N' Wild-Trust Fund Baby. I was in CVS the other day and saw a rack of these for like $2 each, and I found this fun glitter so it was like happy day! The rest of the polishes were quite ordinary, there was another glitter but I decided not to get it.
Trust Fund Baby is a super awesome glitter. It has gold, pink, blue, and black small hex glitter and gold and pink SQUARE glitter! It's funny cuz in the bottle I didn't even NOTICE the black glitter at all until it was on the nail and I was like woah there's black glitter in there sweet. And same with the square glitter. Like what?! This glitter is so awesome. The brush on this was REALLY big and flat, which I liked but could make application hard for people with smaller nails. It needed a little dabbing to get the glitter in the right places, but for the most part the coverage is good. and this dries SUPER shiny which is awesome! This is Trust Fund Baby over Essie-Turquoise & Caicos. These pictures do not have top coat.
Uber close up time. Can you see all the different types of glitter? Square glitter...still can't get over it. I don't really love square glitter on its own, but when mixed with other glitters I think it looks so cool! Don't you?
 This next polish is Deborah Lippmann-Happy Birthday. Yes, there are like 50 dupes of this polish for less than half the price. I don't own any so I can't compare, but this was a Christmas gift, because I would really never buy myself a polish this expensive($16!) Ok that's a total lie I would, especially if it was something as fun as Happy Birthday. It is a mix of all sorts of multi colored hex glitter, large and small. The only complaint I have, and I make this complaint a lot, is that the Deborah Lippmann brushes suck, in my opinion. At least in this polish, the brush was REALLY small, and didn't spread out, which means major glitter dabbing required. The glitter was kinda sparse on and sorta reluctant to get on the brush, if you know what I mean. This is Happy Birthday over OPI-Berlin There, Done That.
 Here's a close up, hopefully you can see all the fun colors in Happy Birthday.
Next up is Model's Own-Dancing Queen. Now this polish I LOVE! I bought a bunch of Model's Own polish back when I was in London, and this was one of them. It's an awesome mix of dark blue hex glitter, gold small and large hex glitter, light teal shard glitter, green hex glitter, and silver holographic diamond glitter. Whew I think I got it all. This glitter is SO amazing I mean shard glitter?! That is like the queen (pun intended) of all shaped glitters! I almost out this polish in the shaped glitter category because of the shards and diamonds but I think it has a happier home in the multi colored glitter category. This is Dancing Queen over Zoya-Farah.
 The only thing I don't like about this polish is that it's really goopy/uneven, even after I added a crapload of thinner to the bottle. But once you get around the tricky application the glitter coverage is really good and you don't need to dab around too much. Below is a close up image, and you can really see all the awesome glitter in this polish.
Our next glitter is OPI-The Living Daylights. This came out with the Skyfall collection last fall. And boy does this polish scream fall! The mix of silver, orangey copper, gold, and teal glitter just looks SO much like fall, it's crazy! I can just tell that come the season, this is the polish I'll be grabbing for! This is The Living Daylights over Zoya-Bevin.
 I'd recommend giving this polish a good shake before using it, that way makes it a lot easier to get the polish onto the nail. This polish does need a little dabbing to get the glitter in the right places, but overall the coverage and formula is pretty good. It dries a little satin-y so these pictures have one coat of top coat. And please ignore that awful bald spot on my ring finger. I didn't notice it until I was uploading the pictures :-/
Our last polish is today is one that has already been shown, Model's Own-Freak Out! I have some more pictures just to include it in this post, but for the original post, click here. This is Freak Out! over Orly-Pure Porcelain.


Those are the glitters I've got for today, but I'll have more next Friday! Thanks for reading guys and I hope you all have a nice weekend! Till next time
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment