Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-Bumpy Chevron Design

Hello everyone! How's everyone's weekend been goin? I'm actually in New Hampshire right now with my mom. She's attending some sort of conference thing here, I'm just taggin along. It was like a 5 hour drive, but it was fun. We listened to every single Muse album EVER in chronological order...and there are 6 albums. WHEEEEEE!!!!! I wrote up a couple posts before I left so as long as this computer doesn't spaz out or something I should still be able to post the next couple days. 
So these nails I did yesterday, and God are they COLORFUL! It's so summery and bright and pretty and AWESOME! I couldn't think of a good title for this post so I'm just calling it a "bumpy chevron look" which I guess is more or less accurate. 
The base color I used for these nails was OPI-My Vampire Is Buff. God I can't get over how that is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reference. Kinda weird cuz that polish was from the Euro collection and I have no idea what Buffy has to do with Europe...but whatever. It's a super pretty off white color that was like, MADE for me, given my looove for off whites!
All the other colors are Essies. The green is The More The Merrier,  the light blue is Turquoise & Caicos, the pink is A Tart Deco, and, my camera's arch-nemesis, the RED that looks ORANGE but is really RED, is Saturday Disco Fever.
To do this design I took my medium sized "fluffy brush", which is what I call it because I have no idea what it's actually called. I don't have a picture of it but it's sorta fluffy(duh). It's not a striping or detailing brush it's more like a paint brush. And it tapers to a smaller point at the end. It behaves just like a regular polish brush, like the brush you would find in the bottle, but its tapered tip makes it easier to make finer lines. It was perfect for this design and I just dipped it into the polish and used it to draw lines in a bumpy, chevron-y pattern.
I used my smaller detailing brush to make the thinner lines just redefine the "bumps" a little better, like in my ring finger above. 
This design was pretty easy, but it kinda took a while. The only thing that really sucked about it was that Saturday Disco Fever and Turquoise & Caicos needed a white base before they could be layered on top of the other colors. It was kind of a pain. Also you had to keep waiting for the previous layer of polish to dry before applying another. That's the main reason this design took such a long time.
I finished off this design with 2 coats of top coat and done! Let me just say that doing this design was extremely uncomfortable, partly because I was in an awkward position and mostly because I REALLY had to pee, like the second I started the design. Advice: ALWAYS PEE BEFORE DOING YOU'RE NAILS.
So what do you guys think of this? I really liked the color combo I used, it's just so summer, yaknow? 
That's all for today, I'll see you all next time!
~Nova


No comments:

Post a Comment