Sunday, July 21, 2013

Kill Bill Nail Art

Hi fellow humans demons and vampires how is everyone? Hope you're all having a good weekend. I finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer the other night, sigh, many tears were shed...Can't believe the most amazing show ever to grace the mystical land of tv is over :( So, to cheer myself up, I resorted to one of my feel good movies, Kill Bill. No you read that right. Kill Bill is a serious feel good movie for me. I used it to get over Buffy because, well, I needed to see more blonde kickass women. And who better than the lovely Beatrix Kiddo to do that for me? (Sorry spoiler alert there). So without further ado, here comes the bride.
So what do you think? Some nice blood and gore and cutting off of limbs is enough to make anyone get over, well...anything! The yellow base is Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow and the red used for the blood is Essie-She's Pampered.
These nails were super easy to do. I used the brush from the bottle of black polish to make the stripe. To do the blood spatter I took a skinny straw, like one of those coffee stirrers, dipped it in the red, then just blew through the other end!
It's sorta funny cuz I had to do a couple practice spatters before feeling confident enough to do my nails. But honestly they were so easy! The only thing is, silly me probably should have taped around the edges of her nail before blowing polish onto them...I think I spent more time cleaning my fingers than actually doing my nails! 
I also thought I'd include some swatches of Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow on its own because it's such a pretty yellow! It's a little more muted in real life than in these pictures, but it's my favorite shade of yellow! And I don't really wear yellow, honestly I only have like 3 yellow polishes, in comparison to my at least 20 blues and greens! Mellow Yellow is a super pretty yellow creme, and in my opinions the word mellow is the perfect way to describe it!
The formula was a little sheer, I'm wearing 3 coats in these pictures to get it nice and opaque. 
So here's the poster I used for my nail art inspiration:
I really liked doing these blood spatter nails. I think I'm gonna end up doing more splatter nail art in the future!
So for those of you who read my blog you'd know that this is right about the part where I would post pictures of Kill Bill and make funny references about them. I tried to stray away from the bloody ones.
But I mean honestly, can you blame me for using this movie to get over my immense sadness? And just to include one of my favorite scenes from the movie that's not totally R rated
Sigh Lucy Liu...
And I'd just like to say that Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all its amazing characters, even the evil ones, will forever have a place in my heart as the best show the tv world has ever seen.
Thanks for reading guys and I'll see you next time!
~Nova



No comments:

Post a Comment