Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Essie-Lilacism

Hi everybody! How was everyone's Tuesday? My summer camp started yesterday. It's pretty fun, it's an art summer program and there are only 2 other girls in the class! Which may sound awkward but I LOVE small classes. Plus the teacher's nice. Plus I can stop in down town and buy nail polish on the way home. Which is the best part :P I actually did this same program last year and did a still life oil painting of some of my nail polish bottles. But that will never be shown...because I hate it :0
Today's nail polish color is kinda an oldie, at least for my collection, Essie-Lilacism. It's a very pretty sorta dusty light blue. The pictures are making it look WAY brighter than it really is! My camera can never capture these dusty colors properly. If you want a better idea of what Lilacism actually looks like you can check out my flower outline nails here
The picture below is probably the more color accurate of the two, though it's still a tad brighter than the real shade. but just a tad ;)
It's funny because in my opinion, this color isn't lilac at all! It is DEFINITELY a light blue! I've seen other pictures of this shade and all of them lean more purple, but for some odd reason mine is just totally blue. Not that I'm complaining; it's a super pretty blue :)
The formula on this was kinda sheer and it was pretty streaky on the first 2 coats. You can still see a little bit of streakyness in the pictures. I'm wearing 3 coats here, a couple of the nails needed a fourth, but I think you can get away with just 3.
Essie is available in most drug stores like CVS or Walgreens, and also in Target and retail for about $7-8.
Overall I REALLY love this color even if it's not really a lilac. I prefer this color to a lilac polish anyway. That's all for today guys thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment