Friday, July 12, 2013

Glitter Spam-Monocolors

Hey girls! (and maybe guys...?:-/) Got a fun post for y'all today, GLITTER SPAM!! Has there ever been a better combination of two words in the english language? I guess...Firefly's back...Buffy marathon...snow day...band camp...so yeah jk there are a lot :P
Anyway so I've been working on swatching all my glitters (just sayin...there's a lot) and I thought I would post them in "category" posts. So today's category are my monocolor glitters!
*Disclaimer-Not all polishes in this post are available for purchase in the US.
First up is Milani-584 Red. It's large red hex glitter in a clear base. I picked this up really recently, like 2 days ago recently. I was surprised when I saw it and realized I didn't have ANY red glitter polishes in my collection! Not one! And I always thought red glitter was really vampy and sexy, especially over darker colors, so I was like yay.
The glitter was a little hard to get onto the brush, maybe cuz the brush is like freaking tiny or maybe the bottle just needs a good shake. Anywho, as long as you swirl the brush around in the bottle a bit first you should be good. Other than that the formula was nice. It had good coverage and only needed a little bit of dabbing.
This is Milani-584 Red over Zoya-Evvie a nice dark color :)

And just for fun, here's 584 Red over Revlon Top Speed-Grape. Grape is a dark purple with a pretty shimmer, and I thought it would look REALLY good with red glitter. I was right :D
Sorry the pics are a little blurry/out of focus. My camera fails at sparkles.
Next is Color Club-Platinum Record. This is large silver hex glitter mixed with dark silver micro glitter. I considered putting this in the micro/fine glitter category, but due to the abundance of large glitter I decided to put it here. I always have issues with categorizing stuff :-/
The formula on this was very smooth and even, and the glitter applied in one nice coat. Another reason I considered putting it in the fine glitter category. But it's here now. So whatever. This is Platinum Record over Essie-Butler Please.
Do you see those random flashes of red? weird...
Also sorry for the stupid dent in my ring finger
Now these next two are Chinese brands, and not really available anywhere in the US or online or whatever. Sorry! The brand of these polishes is Lucidarling, and they don't really have names.
Also the brush on both these polishes is like microscopically small. and kinda stiff. Both the polishes needed a lot of dabbing to get the glitter on the nail. They also dried sorta matte, so these pictures all have one coat of top coat.
This first one is just large gold hex glitter in a clear base. The shade of gold is rather interesting...it's not light enough to be champagne gold, but it's not as yellow tones as most gold/yellow glitters. It's a little muted. Muted glitter? This is the gold over Essie-Maximillian Strasse Her.

See? It's a weird shade of gold.
The next one is a rosy pink color. Also not a the typical pink color I see in glitter polishes. Like the gold one, it's a little dusty/muted. Very pretty. This is the pink glitter over China Glaze-Light As Air.
God that shade of purple just makes my fingers look REALLY red! Meh...
The Milani polishes retail for about $6-7 and in places like CVS, which is where I got mine, and Color Club usually costs about $7 in stores like CVS and Walgreens or beauty retailers like Harmons.
Those were all my monocolor glitters! Thanks for reading everybody, I'll have more glitter spam posts up every week so stay tuned! K bye!
~Nova 


No comments:

Post a Comment