Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cartoon Flower Nail Art

Hey guys how have your weekends been? It's been kinda rainy and dreary hear in NJ...I love it! I mean, you can tell by the name of this blog. I love the rain, and I love the spring weather. It literally started pouring outside as I write this...awesome.
Today's nails are a contrast to the rain, cute cartoon flowers! I've mentioned how much I love floral nail art right? All sorts of floral print, and I've never done cartoon flowers like these before. See below for more!

So I did these cartoon-y nails a while back, and thought they'd be a good manicure to post today in response to the rain. 
The base is OPI-Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh. :P The 2 flowers were both made with Francesca's polishes. The light pink is Bridesmaid and the darker pink is Stuck At Sea
I used a dotting tool to make weird funky blob shapes with the pink polishes. After they dried I used a fine nail art brush and black polish to make flower and leaf outlines. I purposely made the outlines rough and not exact, to give it that cartoon like quality. I also added some dots to fill in the empty spaces.
I added some topcoat to smooth it out and make it all glossy. I like how this came out, I like the cartoony look, I'm going to have to do more of it in the future.
I also love the neon on nude color scheme. Lately I've been super into that color scheme, I love how the nude really makes the neon colors pop out.
Please let me know what you all think, and I'll see you all next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment