Saturday, March 22, 2014

Black & Silver Glitter Nails w/ Matte Black (Lincoln Center)

Hey guys! Happy Saturday to you all, how've your weekends been so far? My weekend is HUGE! My high school wind ensemble is performing at Lincoln Center tomorrow, and so I figured a proper manicure was in order. I made these nails to match my dress, which is absolutely hideous. But the nails are fun!

The horrible dresses are matte black, with a weird glittery strip around the waist. They're so ugly and not at all flattering. I used Milani-Black Swift topped with a matte top coat for the pinky index and middle finger. 
For the glittery accent nails on the ring and thumb, I applied some extra coats of base coat, then a thick coat of clear, and placed the glitter on with an orange stick. The black glitters match the dress, and I added the silver glitter for some extra spice.
I topped the glitter nails off with 4 (lol) coats of topcoat. So much topcoat was needed so I could get the glitter smooth and keep the pieces from falling out. At least until tomorrow. 
I like how these came out, they're formal and flashy at the same time.

So thanks everyone as always for reading! I'll see you all next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment