Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Neon Color Block

Hey all woah it's been a while! I totally told myself I would blog more, and then the past week just totally, flew over the head if you know what I mean. I've been busy, with band mostly. Which i guess sounds weird, but we've got some pretty important performances (Lincoln Center anyone?) coming up this week. So it's been like a ton of preparation. Plus youknow school and tests and stuff. I've been so busy I haven't touched a bottle of nail polish in, like, a week. A WHOLE WEEK! Ugh. I needed a fun manicure FAST to get me out of my slump. So 3 words, NEON COLOR BLOCK!
Sorry again about the horrible glare in my pictures. I'm just happy that all my neon colors came out properly in the pictures haha 

I started with my favorite white base, Kleancolor-White. Honestly, it's like a super cheap drugstore polish, but goes on so easy in 2 coats, max. I've even gotten away with one thick coat before! A one coat white how great is that?!
I used fast dry topcoat on top of the white, then blocked off areas with striping tape. Youknow, the norm. I used a smaller angled brush to fill in the empty areas. The colors I used were Essie-The More The Merrier(green), Essie-Saturday Disco Fever(orange-red), Francesca's-Lost At Sea(pink), and Butter London-Slapper(teal blue). They were the most neons I could find in my stash. Gosh I really have to buy more neons.
This was an easy design, and all the colors went on easily. It's important to rip the tape off while the polish is still wet, or else they get tacky and stick to the tape.
I finished with a couple nice coats of topcoat to smooth it out, and let it dry. Then done! A fun colorful and artsy design. I've always had a thing for colorblock designs, so clean and classy and so easy to do!
That's all for today guys, thanks for reading! I'll see you all next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment