Friday, March 7, 2014

Feather Nail Art

Hi everyone happy Friday! I hope you've all had a great week, mine was pretty great. My school had standardized testing for 3 days, which means I got to get up late and take some really easy tests, then only have 3 periods of the day after. Pretty chill. I got lot's of nail painting done in the afternoon, because I had no homework to do! Today's mani is a cute feather nail look. I've never really done feather nail art, but I really like it!

I think they look pretty neat. All clean and classy, and simple. The white base here is OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Damn my bottle of that is kinda running low and now I have to buy a new bottle...
That color just makes such a great base for like all nail art. All of it.
I used Milani-Black Swift as the black of the feather, and Sally Hansen-Plume for the gold. I also added some touches of OPI-Goldeneye to add some gold sparkle coming off of the feather.
These feathers are real simple. Just take a striping brush and make one curved line down the nail. Then use the striper brush to add some smaller lines coming off that line!
I used the same striper to add touches of Plume and a dotting tool with that same polish to make the large dot at the top of the feather. I really like the black and gold combination here!
Lastly I used a striper with Goldeneye to add little swishes of gold glitter, if that makes any sense. The little highlights of gold really look nice with the feather I think! Finished with Seche Vite to clean up all the bumps from the lines, and yay shiny smooth! 

That's all I have for today, what do you all think? Do you like the feathers? I think I might try these again later, maybe with brighter colors or something. I think that would be fun. Anyway thanks as always for reading, I'll see you next time!
~Nova Qi



No comments:

Post a Comment