Monday, March 3, 2014

Baroque Pattern Nail Art

Hi guys! I hope you all had a nice weekend, mine was quite relaxing I didn't do much of anything haha! If any of you follow me on instagram I posted these nails last week, but hadn't gotten a chance to blog them yet. Anyway I did these nails for Lacquer Legion's Adoration prompt, where you were supposed to do a nail design you adore, or inspired by someone you really admire, stuff like that. This was what I came up with! 

Tbh when I was thinking about this prompt and this idea came into my head, I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it. But I think I managed to pull it off! This lovely baroque pattern mani was inspired by the amazing nailuminium, whom I absolutely adore, she is such a talented nail artist!
The base of the pinky and ring finger is Zoya-Tru, which I also used for all the detail work. The base for the others is OPI-Taupeless Beach from their awesome new Brazil collection. 
This post is really picture heavy. I was really proud with how these came out, considering I rarely do detail/design orientated nail art like this. Haha I usually stick to lines and geometric patterns!
I used my small nail art brush, and just went to town on my nails!
Basically there's really no rule about how to do this, just make some curvy swirly loopy lines, and remember to keep it symmetrical! You can always google baroque pattern and use some of those designs for inspiration, which is what I did for some of it!
I also really like how these 2 colors worked together! Taupeless Beach makes for a really great base for nail art, I'll definitely be reaching for it a lot in the future.
I did end up doing both hands for this, but since I really didn't like the way my left hand came out I don't have pictures :/ 
Overall this was a very fun design to do, and I'll definitely be practicing my detailing work in the future! This is what I love about nail art; you're never done. You'll always have new designs to try and work on. It's never boring! Fine print designs are something I'd like to work on and improve upon more in the future, it gives me something to work towards, which is always good right? Haha 
So as always thank you all for reading, I'll see you all next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment