Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Color Cub Spam!

Hi everyone! I'm almost through midterms week woot woot!! Haha I guess I'm the only one excited about that...So anyway we had yet ANOTHER snow day yesterday (third one this year :0) and I got lot's of swatching done.And of course some studying for physics. But mostly nail polish. Yay. I realized that the original reason I started this blog was mainly to swatch the polish in my collection, and today I have some color clubs to share! I'd say these are all pretty old, but they're still awesome! Keep reading to see the 3 polishes!
This here is Color Club-Angel Kiss. It's a beautiful green linear holo polish. It's not very visible in lower light, but in the sun this is so gorgeous...I die. The formula was a little thin, I'm wearing 2 coats here, with no topcoat. 
God it's so pretty and sparkly! I can't wait to wear this everyday in the summer, the holo-y-ness REALLY comes out nice in the sun! Way more than in these photos!
Color Club-Harp On It is like Angel Kiss, but silver. These are actually the nails I'm wearing now, I really love the silver on me, which is weird because I'm not typically a silver person. The formula was slightly better on this one, it was pretty wearable at 1 coat. I'm wearing 2 here just to cover some patchy areas. These photos are without topcoat.
The only thing about these holos is that you're not supposed to wear any sort of topcoat with them, so I can't use my fast drying topcoats with these, and the dry time is kind of long. They're dry to the touch in about 15 minutes, but 2 hours later I was still making dents in them :( I ended up taking them off because a couple fingers just got so bumped and scratched that it looked awful.
This last polish is Covered In Diamonds. It's this really awesome glitter topper that consists of iridescent flakies, and it looks SO gorgeously sparkly over dark colors. My background and lighting are a little different for these pics, I had to get the different colors to stand out, and my camera just fails at sparkly. The formula is easy to work with, it was a little sparse but only needed a little dabbing to get the flakes where you want to get them. This one coat over OPI- Vant To Bite My Neck with one coat of topcoat.
Those are all my swatches for today, and it's back to studying! Thanks for reading everybody, come back next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment