Monday, February 17, 2014

Nail Art Feb Challenge- Studs

Hi guys! Happy day off for those of you who have off for President's day! I had a REALLY long weekend, I've been off since Thursday because of the snow! I did lot's of nail art, so I have some great posts planned.
I have the next challenge post for the nail art feb challenge today, studs. This is actually a challenge I was planning on skipping, because...I don't own any nail studs. I actually had to borrow my friend's stud wheel (thanks Danielle!) so I could do these, and I have to say that I'm seriously considering buying studs of my own!

So what do you all think of my first ever attempt at a studs mani? I think these look really grungy and dirty, kind of what I was going for. I really love square studs (obviously lol) and I love how they look on the nail
My base here is 2 coats of Butter London-Chimney Sweep. It's a nice grey- black shimmer that I think really complimented the gold and silver of the studs to make the mani look as punk-rocky as possible haha.
After my base dried I used 1 coat of thick topcoat, then placed the studs on with an orange stick dipped in clear polish. I had a lot of trouble working with these, because the studs kept falling off the stick and landing on my nail, so I'd have to push it around and that caused some bald spots. But that might have just been my error, I've never worked with studs before. 
I really like the way the studs add 3d texture to the nails, and make them stand out! I think studs would be a great idea for a party mani or any special one-night event like that. I didn't wear test these, but I can't imagine that studs stay on for very long, and if they did I'd probably end up picking them off anyway :P
Thanks for reading everyone! Tell me what you think in the comments, and please come back next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment