Thursday, February 13, 2014

Model's Own Spam

Hello everybody! SNOW DAY #5 today whoo! New Jersey has been CRAZY these past few days! I have some Model's Own polishes to share today that I picked up when I was in London last spring. I have 1 creme and 4 glitters, 3 of which are from the mirrorball collection. These are all kinda old, I never really got a chance to wear them though. I had to change the light setup for these pics to get the glitters to show up better, so please don't mind the messed up pics :/

Model's Own- Utopia is the creme. It's a nice light greyish purple. the formula was a little watery and uneven, but nothing too bad. This is 2 coats.
I really like this color, it's just not very flattering on me. Light lavenders like this just make my fingers look kinda sickly. That's just my skin tone though, this is a very beautiful color!
Next is Model's Own-Dancing Queen. This is a fun party of green, gold, silver and light and dark blue glitter in a clear base. The formula is a little tricky, but the glitter is fairly abundant. what I did was get a medium amount of glitter on the brush, then apply strokes/dab where you want the glitter. This is one dabby coat over OPI-Vant To Bite My Neck and topped with one coat of topcoat.
I really love the different glitters in here, especially the shard glitters! I love the silver diamonds too, and I think all the colors look really nice together!
This glitter is super fun, and would be great for a party or something like that. 
Next is Model's Own-Disco Inferno. This polish is gold, silver, orange, and green glitters in a clear base. The formula on this was a little better than Dancing Queen, I think because it doesn't have as many large pieces of glitter. This is one coat over Zoya-Petra and topped with topcoat.
Once again, the glitters in this are a very fun mix, and the color scheme is very neat. And this on'e got square glitter!
This next glitter is Model's Own-Freak Out!. This is light and dark blue, and fuchsia glitters in a clear base. This had a nice formula, it was even and had nice coverage, but it was a little goopy. This is one coat over Inglot-390 and one coat of topcoat.
Once again, a very fun mix of glitters here, like a little party on my nails! This one has bar glitter! 

Lastly, this is Model's Own-Ibiza Mix. It's got such a great color mix of glitters, medium and small hexes. The colors I see are gold, pink, light blue, dark blue, and orange, but there could totally be more I can't see here! This had a nice even formula, one coat over Essie-Tart Deco.
this is a very colorful glitter topper, it would look great in spring! Not now, when it's all snow and color outside :(
That's all for my Model's Own polishes! Overall I really love the mirrorball polishes, I wish I had picked up more! I think there were 5 in total. They're just so fun and sparkly, it's like everything I want in a glitter topper wrapped up together!
Thank you for reading everyone, see you next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment