Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Manicure

Hi lovely readers! So it's that time of year again, Valentine's day! Tbh I'm really not a Valentine's celebration person, but I do have some plans with the bf, that may involve eating ice cream and watching space cowboys :P And, of course, I did a Valentine's nail! See more below the jump!
This design was inspired by +Newlypolished's design on instagram, so they get full credit! I started with OPI-Don't Burst My Bubble, a sheer light pink. Below is the design with topcoat, I ended up matting it later.

I used 3 coats of Don't Burst My Bubble  to get it opaque, before using Milani-Black Swift and Nicole By OPI-Challenge Red-y to make my hearts and stick figures.
I used a dotting tool/nail art brush to make my hearts. My method is to use the dotting tool to make 2 dots for the top of the heart, then a small nail art brush to draw the point at the bottom, and fill it in.
For the people I just used my small detailing brush to draw them in, and a dotting tool for the head. 
Finished with Essie-Matte About You to give it a nice matte finish. I'm not usually a fan of matte nails, but I think the matte finish was really important for this design, just to complete the look.
Here's 3 coats of Don't Burst My Bubble on it's own. I like the way this sheer polish looked as a base for nail art, it helped the designs on top really stand out. And it looks cool matte!
I really love this design, it's so cute, and was fairly simple. I've gotten lot's of compliments on these already by teachers and friends, I think these are just so great for Valentine's day!
So tell me what you all think in the comments! I'd love to hear from you guys! I hope everybody enjoys their Valentine's day, and please come back next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment