Friday, May 9, 2014

Zoya Pixiedust Polishes

Hey hey hey! What's up everybody? Weekend plans anyone? I have absolutely NOTHING it's gonna be great! Just a couple days for some physics work, some quality bonding time with Netflix, and of course nail polish! 
I have an awesome post for today. Zoya had their awesome Earth day exchange a couple weeks ago and my 6 new Zoya polishes finally showed up! I took the chance and bought 6 of their pixiedust polishes. I've heard great things about them, and they have fantastic colors, they're so great! I've been a little slow to the texture trend, I'm only really just getting into them now. I think these pixiedusts are really going to help!
I have all 6 Zoya's swatched today, keep reading!

All of these swatches have no basecoat or topcoat. The wear time on these is quite impressive, I've been wearing Carter for the past few days and only have minimal tip wear. I normally always wear polish with base coat, but these polishes say not to. I didn't think they'd last so nicely. Pleasant surprise!
My cuticles all look kinda ragged in these...ughblughbleughaughesgh. I haven't been on top of my cuticle care recently
So first is Miranda and it's a gorgeous pinkish red with silver shimmer. It reminds me a bit of Sephora Formula X-Nova, except it has silver rather than gold shimmer. The formula is very nice, I'm wearing 2 coats.
So you all know I'm not a huge red polish fan, but Miranda is very flattering on me! I love it it's such a nice colorful color, if you know what I mean. Would make for some nice summer nail art.
Also Miranda made me think of this:
I'm not the only one right?? Gosh it's been a while since I made a Firefly reference on this blog. It's been too long.
The next polish is Beatrix and it's a bright sunshine orange with yellow golden shimmer. I don't normally go for oranges at all. ever. So you must know how much it means that I actually went for an orange polish like this. 
I've been making myself buy brighter more summery colors, no more greys, dull greens, navy blues, etc... I mean, I still love my dark vampy colors, but I have to admit that these bright shades make for very lovely nail art. I'm wearing 3 thin coats here, there's still some visible nail line but it's not bad and I don't mind it.
Now here is a real beauty. Tomoko is a beautiful champagne silver gold texture. It's very simple, but at the same time packs a punch of gorgeous shimmer. This is my surprise favorite of the 6. Honestly, I love this so freaking much, I can't even describe it. It's such an elegant shade, it would go with anything, or add some sparkle to a simple look. 
I used 3 thin coats for opacity. It's a bit runny, but nothing unmanageable. I recommend a thin coat to start, followed by 2 medium-thin coats for the runnier colors. This polish is definitely one of the nicest I own. It's awesome. Buy it. 
Of course I got a blue. I love blue. I'm anything if not consistent in my color choice. Here's Liberty, and gosh she's a beauty. A nice bright cobalt blue shade with silver shimmer. i can see this on my nails all summer, I can't wait! The formula on this was a little more jelly-like than the rest. I'm wearing 2 coats, but some nail line is visible and I probably could have added a third coat.
This was also one of the most textured polishes of the bunch I bought. I really liked the amount of texture in this one, plus the beautiful color and BOOM, easily one of the prettiest polishes in my collection. 
Ok guys...hold your breath. Like seriously, get ready. Are you ready? Because here is Stevie, and OH.MY is she a beauty. This gorgeous creamy lilac purple just blows me away. It's got added purple shimmer for extra punch. Next to Tomoko and Liberty this is one of the most gorgeous polishes I have. 
The only downside is that it makes my hands look a bit clammy :( Most light purples do that to me. but the color is still amazing and I can see this in some AWESOME floral nail art. 
The formula is excellent and creamy especially for a light color like this, I'm wearing 2 coats. 
Last up is Carter and guys, this is just one of those anti climactic moments, because I was like seriously looking forward to this color and it TOTALLY looks amazing in the bottle. But on the nail, it just falls kinda flat. The texture on this one is also kinda...not very. It's kinda smooth even, it just feels like a full coverage glitter without topcoat. I wore it for several days after swatching all of these and hoped the texture would intensify after drying for a while, but nothing. 
Carter is a nice shade of dark purple, though it lightens up from the bottle once on the nail. It's also got very nice pinkish red shimmer in it that's a bit hidden in the pics. I dunno I'd normally jump for colors like this, you know me, but on my nails Carter just looks kinda...not great. I really wanted to like it, but I just don't :(
Overall I'm seriously in love with these Pixiedusts. The colors are gorgeous and the formulas are excellent. My picks are Tomoko, Liberty, and Stevie. They're great. All Zoya pixiedust polishes cost $10 on Zoya's webste. 
What do you guys all think of these polishes? Feel free to tell me! Thanks so much you guys for reading, I'll see you next time!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment