Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Splatter Nail Art With Zoya Tomoko & Stevie

Hi guys how's everyone's Tuesday? I had some free time over the weekend and was messing around with my header and format, what do you guys think? 
I have some nail art today using a couple Zoya pixiedust polishes, you guys heard me raving about them last week! I took my 2 favorites, Tomoko and Stevie, and decided to do some splatter nail art! It's not something I do often, because it's so abstract and I have so little control over the design, I don't really like doing splatter nails. The past couple times I've tried it my nails have just come out awful lol. Please keep reading to see more!

I mostly used Zoya-Tomoko as the base, except for the ring finger/thumb which have Zoya-Stevie. To do the splatter I took a coffee stirrer(one of those thin straws), cut it in half, then dipped one end into the polish and blew out the other end! Pretty simple.  
I think my index and ring fingers came out the best. I'm not really used to doing splatter nail art. Remember to tape around your fingers before doing this design! Or else you're gonna have a real fun time cleaning up your fingers. And by real fun time I mean a horrible time. 
I'm glad these came out like this. My experience with splatter nails, they can either come out awesome, or just awful and globby and you have to start over. I'm also totally in love with the color combo here, the purple and light gold look so good together! That color combo is definitely happening again.
Thanks so much for reading everyone! Come back next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment