Sunday, May 11, 2014

Outline Flower Nail Art With OPI

Hey lovelies how's everyone's Sunday afternoon? Is anyone doing stuff for Mother's day? I've got some little flower nails for Mother's day today. These were inspired by wondrously polished, I've been doing a lot of Lindsey's designs recently, I'm just in love with her art! See more below the jump

I recently picked up some new OPI polishes at my town's local Spring festival (they have a nail polish stand there that carries OPI 2 for $11!) and well how could I resist new OPI polishes?? Anyway I'm using 2 of them for this nail art.
The white base is OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls (what else could it be? That white is perfect! Last week I bought my second bottle of that :D) The 2 new OPI polishes i used were Kiss Me On My Tulips, the pink on my right hand, and You're Such A Budapest, the pretty lilac on the my left hand. 
I used my "fluffy brush" to roughly brush on the flower shape. I used a fine brush with My Boyfriend Scales Walls to add small white lines inside the flower, and then added some slight green accents in the center with Color Club-London Calling
I outlined the flowers and made the small branches with Milani-Black Swift and my favorite tiny detailing brush.
You guys like my little star ring? Got that at the festival too for like $7! I love finding a good buy. 
I wasn't planning on keeping this mani on, but after I did my right hand I just fell so in love with how it looked that I replicated it on my left. Now I feel extra spring-y! Floral nail art is like my favorite nail art to do, I love the colors for flowers, so fun and delicate!
I really love these colors, especially the pink. Kiss My On My Tulips is dark, but at the same time it's a nice bright magenta shade. Of all the shades of pink magenta just looks the best on me. It doesn't make me look clammy or red. Plus I love the name. OPI always has such great names. 
What do you all think of my flowers? Thanks for reading everyone, enjoy the rest of Sunday/Mother's day, I'll see you all next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment