Thursday, May 8, 2014

Red & White Paisley Nails

Hi lovelies and happy Friday! Has anyone else felt like this was a looong week? I have a busy weekend too, lot's of english papers and physics labs that aren't going to do themselves! Sorry I've been a bad blogger this past week, but I have an awesome post for you all today!
I did these red and white paisley pattern nails over the weekend, but haven't gotten around to posting them yet. Finally my friend who saw them at school was like "Come one Nova you have to post them on your blog!" so yeah I did! That was like 2 weeks ago haha keep reading below for more!

I based these nails off a t-shirt design, I never really wore it a lot, but then one day I just looked at it and was like "woah what awesome nail art this would make!"
And so these happened.
The lovely coral red polish is OPI-Live.Love.Carnaval, from their Brazil Collection. I was at my local drug store the other day trying to pick out just one polish from their collection and managed to get this one. It's pretty unique in my collection and it's a lovely coral!
The white is OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls which I used to do most of the detail work. These nails actually took a really long time. I was finishing up my right hand and then realized how long it had taken, and then I was like "shoot i still have to do the other hand". So my left hand is a bit simpler than the right.
I pretty much just sat down with my polishes and my favorite teeny tiny detailing brush, spread out the shirt in front of me, and painted! On large nails I made swirl shapes, and if I had empty space I just filled it with a spiral, or one of those branch looking things you see on my ring finger. I'm not really sure what to call those.
I've never really done paisley pattern nails before. But after seeing some amazing designs by wondrously polished and seeing my paisley shirt I finally got inspired! I have to say I really enjoy doing small fine print like this. It's difficult but fun and totally worth it!

So tell me what you think! I'd love to hear from you guys! Thanks for reading, come back next time :)
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment