Saturday, May 17, 2014

Glam Nails Inspired By Meryl Davis

So I've been totally into these Lacquer Legion prompts recently, in case you don't know what they are it's basically this thing where every month a group of bloggers creates a theme, and everyone can post nails according to that theme. I really love them, and I'm always doing them! Anyway I'm super late with this post, but April's theme was Glam, and that was sooo fun to do cuz you guys all know how much I love glitter and all things that sparkle! So here's what I came up with!

So I'm not sure if you guys know this, but I LOVE the winter olympics, and my FAVE sport is skating! I love watching figure skaters and dancers across the ice, to me it's the most excitingly elegant sport in the olympics. I'm also a huge fan of Meryl Davis and Charlie White. The 2 of them are awesome. Since I've always wanted to do nails inspired my those skaters' amazing outfits, this happened:

Yes my glam nails were inspired by Meryl Davis's dress that she wore in Sochi. Obviously hers is more glam-y and stunning, but I did my best to translate it on my nails!
The nude base is OPI-Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh and the light purple is just a lilac creme I picked up in China. I used an angled flat brush with the purple to make the V shape on the nail.
I used Essie-Beyond Cozy as a base for all the colorful glitter polishes. Using Beyond Cozy I made a V of dots by the cuticle, outlined the bottom edge of the purple, and added a few dots at the tip of the nail.
I don't recall all the polishes I used for the sparkles, I basically just looked at my nail polish and pulled any color that was sparkly and used them all in a random fashion! The overall effect is quite nice I think, I love all the colors that I used!

Added some topcoat and I was done! What do you all think? I like the way these came out, because, I mean, anything that has to do with GLAM is gonna be fun for me! That's all I have for today guys, thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment