Thursday, June 5, 2014

Stained Glass Nails

So like one of my favorite nail designs ever is probably stained glass. You can always make it as colorful as you want, or you can pick any color scheme you like. They're a great way to express yourself, and you can also make them as detailed or as basic as you want. The lines can be straight, jagged, bent, anything! Ok so I love stained glass nails.

I did these way a while back, and they were inspired by some of pictures I saw in a New York Times article. I wish I'd kept the article to show you guys, but I just thought the colors all looked really nice together. Then I lost the article :( But at least I still have the nail art!

I started everything off with a nude base OPI-Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh because I knew the colors would stand out more on top of the nude. I used a medium striper brush and drew in the black lines to block out the areas of color. The red is Venique-Run Shoes Run the blue is Orly-Snowcone, the yellow is Sally Handen-Mellow Yellow, and the lilac is a polish from China with no name. I also went over the lines again with the black striper. 
After some top coat to even everything out, it was all done! What do you guys think? I really love these colors together, it's not a color scheme I'd normally go for, but I'm glad I tried it. Thanks for stopping by everyone, please come back next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment