Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Flower Frame Nails

Hey hey happy Tuesday! How are we all feeling about US and Portugal :((( That last 30 seconds goal totally bummed me out, but I'm looking forward to a really exciting game against Germany on Thursday! 
My nail art today are these cute blue and pink flower frame nails. These were inspired by the talented nailsbydaniellet on instagram. She's amazing! Keep on reading for more!

I had picked up this cool polish from China last summer, below. It's a sheer sheer white jelly with pastel pink, blue, and yellow glitters. I hadn't used it until now, but for some reason I just suddenly felt like "oh my goodness I have to use this right now". We all get that feeling sometimes right?
Here I'm wearing 2-3 coats over Kleancolor-White
After that I thought I'd try some flower frames since they're a design I'd been wanting to do for a while. I used Essie-Cascade Cool  as the pink, Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow is the yellow, and another China polish was used for the light blue. The green is Confetti-Green With Envy
I used a dotting tool to make irregular dot shapes with the pink, then went in to fill in some gaps with blue, and finally made smaller dots in yellow. Then I used my small brush to make the leaves coming out with the green.
So what do you guys think? i don't really love how these came out, but I love the design, and I'll have to try it again sometime! Maybe with different colors or something.
Thanks for reading you guys! Come back next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment