Monday, June 30, 2014

India Inspired Nails

Hey guys! Today the Lacquer Legion's prompt was due, and it was On Holiday. For summer yaknow? This kinda stumped me for a while, because the only nail art I could picture was palm trees on a sunset gradient, or a beach or something, and that just seemed sooo boring. Nothing personal against palm trees, but you guys know I just crave to be unique. Then I remembered that ever since I was little, I've wanted to go to India. I did a quick Google search of India patterns and colors, and found some beautiful elephant images with gorgeous designs. So I used those to inspire each of my nails here. And look, I'm actually posting this one on time!

When I first sat down to this I had like a bunch of pictures up on my laptop, about a million polishes out, and no idea whatsoever of where to start or what to do. I finally settled on several designs that I wanted to do, and started with the base colors on all the nails first. 
Each nail here was inspired by a design I found online, except for the thumb, which is a bunch of random colors kinda of "watercolored" on with some sort of white design on top. The thumb was kind of a doodle because I couldn't find another appropriate design for it.  
I can't name every color here, someone needs to remind me to write that stuff down in case any of you guys have questions haha! The grey base on the pinky is Essie-Power Clutch, the light blue base on the ring finger is China Glaze-Kinetic Candy. I'm almost certain the purple on my index finger is Essie-Playdate. Ok yeah that's all I remember.
All the designs were done here with my small nail art brush, with a dotting tool for some of the dot designs, and the flowers on my ring finger. After some topcoat it was done! I have to say I'm seriously in love with how these came out, they're so colorful, eyecatching, and unique! 
That's all the nail art I've got for you guys today, tell me what you all think! Has anyone been watching the Round of 16?? Lol I'm watching France and Nigeria right now, and damn it's REALLY good. Cheering for Le France! 
Thanks for reading as always, come back next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment