Friday, July 4, 2014

4th Of July Texture Swirl Nail Art

Hi everyone and happy Independence Day to all my American readers! I finally have my 4th of July mani here to post, I've been super busy but I managed to get some nail art in haha! My independence day nails are these cool textured swirly designs, keep reading for more!

So these were not at all what I had in mind when I first started brainstorming 4th of July designs. I was thinking about doing a sort of red white and blue skittle look, and was trying to choose which polishes I was gonna use when my eyes just fell on OPI-Solitaire. Solitaire is this fine textured white with silver glitter from OPI's Bong Girl's collection, and like the second I saw it I knew I had to use texture polishes!
 After that it was easy finding the other polishes to use. The red is Sephora Formula X-Nova and the blue is the aptly named Zoya-Liberty. I was still kind of at a loss for a design, but then I remembered seeing this manicure by Nailuminium, and knew it was what I wanted to do.
 I started with 2 coats of Solitaire. On my ring fingers and thumbs I bade the red swirls first, and on all my other fingers I made blue swirls first. Originally I was planning on leaving it like that, but then I got bored and went in and added some accents with the other color. So this was all my nails had red white and blue on them! 
The texture polishes were surprisingly easy to work with, they were a bit thicker than normal polishes, which made them easier to control. I know that sounds kind of counterintuitive. You can still see some uneven patches though especially in the blue, because Liberty has kind of a funky formula for a texture, and it was a bit tricky to get the tone even. 
What I love about textures is that there's no need for topcoat! These were pretty quick and simple, and I think I'll definitely be doing them again with different colors. 
That's all I have for today, I hope everybody enjoys their 4th of July, or if you don't celebrate have a great Friday and watch some soccer! (I'm rooting for Columbia and Germany) 
Thanks for reading everybody, please come back next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment