Friday, December 27, 2013

Nova Polishes!!

Hi everybody! I hope everyone who celebrated had an awesome Christmas! I've got 3 great polishes to share with you today. They might seem a little random...one China Glaze, one Formula X by Sephora, and a Zoya. One's a texture, one of them is holographic glitter, and one of them is glitter in a jelly base...What do these all have in common, you may ask? 


They're all named Nova :D Yup, I've got 3 special polishes here and a very special post today, because it's time for my super special awesome Nova post! 

My first Nova polish baby ever was China Glaze-Nova. It's this amazing silver and holographic glitter in a clear base. There are small silver micro glitter and larger holographic pieces. DO YOU SEE HOW SPARKLY? Every time I wear this I have like a glitter sparkle spasm when I look at ma nails. *faints from too much sparkly exposure*
Sorry I kinda dipped my pinky in some polish there :/ Didn't notice till afterwards...*oops*
The formula on this was quite nice. Mine was kinda goopy, but probably just because my bottle's sorta old. This polish also makes great gradients, and looks awesome layered over other, dark colors. I'm wearing 3-4ish coats here.
The next super special awesome polish is Sephora Formula X-Nova. Now this guy's special. It's *textured*! TBH I totally bought this one for the name, I don't think I would have bought it otherwise. I'm not a red person. But goshdarn it this polish so flame-y and fiery and sexy! 
It has this amazing gold shimmer that I tried my best to show in the pics, but it just wouldn't come through. You'd have to see this one in person to believe it. Gosh this color is just so beautifully brightly amazing, I can't wait to wear it during the summer! 
The formula on this is excellent, I'm wearing 2 coats here, it's just magical.
And you wanna see some more magic? Just put topcoat on it:
I think I prefer this one with topcoat, honestly. I've always had more of a thing for sleek shiny smooth nails. And it makes the polish look EVEN MORE SPARKLY!
My final super special awesome polish is Zoya-Nova. This beauty is magenta-fuchsia glitter in a matching sheer dark fuchsia base. Or is it dark magenta? Like a magenta-y-fuchsia? Has anyone ever noticed how difficult it is to spell *fuchsia*? 
 Gosh this baby is just all sorts of sparkly that you can't see in my pics. The base is pretty sheer, this is 3 coats and still some visible nail line. But I don't mind, I like this opacity for jelly base polishes like this. If you want full opacity it might take 4-5 coats. But I think this looks great like this. 
So those are all my special Nova polishes! I can't honestly pick a favorite, because they're all so beautiful! I guess they just take after their namesake *me* :P jk. Tell me which one's your fave! Do you guys know any other polishes named Nova? *Must buy all the Nova polishes*
So thanks for reading everybody!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment