Sunday, December 1, 2013

Color Block Nail Art With Butter London

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I certainly did, lot's of pie and turkey! Plus my family played some hardcore pictionary :P Pictionary with my family is always hardcore. 
Got a really cool manicure for you guys today! And I got to use ALL THE BUTTER LONDON! Cept one. ALMOST ALL THE BUTTER LONDON!


I started with my basecoat, then on my pinky and index fingers went 2 coats of Butter London-Royal Navy. God I love navy so much. On all the other fingers was 2 coats of Butter London-Cheeky Chops. It's a nice yellow, opaque in 2 coats, I'm just not really a "yellow" person. 
I used an orange stick to attach the circle glitter, and gosh I love the look of circle glitter so much! I think I'm going to have to do a manicure of just circle glitter, I'm gonna hafta get me more of that stuff! This gold glitter I picked up at Inglot's. I was kinda hesitant about buying it, but I'm so glad I did! It's awesome!
For the other nails, I freehanded the color block design with the polish brush. I didn't use any special brushes or tape or anything. That's why I love this look so much! It's so easy and simple, and looks AWESOME! The first couple strokes I made I got a lot of polish around the edges of my nails, just be careful that you don't have too much polish on the brush when you do this, cuz it'll spill over like crazy!
The colors are all Butter London. From cuticle to tip, they're Cheeky Chops, Bossy Boots, Trout Pout, Royal Navy, Queen Vic, Chimney Sweep, and Slapper. Which is almost every single Butter London in my collection. I don't know why, but I love Butter London polishes so much! They're my fave high end brand. I think it's just the bottle shape lol, I love the bottles so much!
So what do you guys think? I personally love this look, and I think the colors are all awesome together! Usually I'm really bad at color coordinating my manicures :/
Also I have my third bday haul for you guys, it's not really a haul though because these were a gift:
Five new Butter Londons! Trout Pout, Cheeky Chops, Chimney Sweep, Slapper, and Knackered from left to right. These were all used in today's manicure, except for Knackered. But since I know you're all so curious, I included a swatch!
This is 2 coats of Knackered over Chimney Sweep. It's way too sheer to wear on its own, but layered over something dark like Chimney Sweep, it's MAGICAL! It's a purple-green duochrome, I think it's the best duochrome I've seen. Up front it's clearly purple, but tilt your nails a little and:
BOOM it's green! This was so much better in real life. I was literally so fascinated by these, you should have seen me in class just tilting my nails back and forth...lol. And those little bits of holographic glitter in there make it just that much better!
So thanks for reading guys, I hope to see you all next time!
~Nova




No comments:

Post a Comment