Monday, December 30, 2013

Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Polishes

Hello happy almost New Year everybody! Today I've got swatches of 2 Revlon Nail Art Expressionist polishes. Each polish is double ended, so technically I have 4 swatches for you guys. 


The side labelled 1 is a regular polish, and the side labelled 2 is a striping brush polish for nail art.  The top polish duo is called Monet Monet, and the bottom is Vincent Van Gold
*To swatch the yellow and bronze polishes, I used my extra full size polish brush. The brush in the bottle is a skinny striping brush, that I did not feel like painting my nails with. 

Side 1 of the Monet Monet duo is a nice grey-toned green creme. The formula was nice, a little bit streaky. This is 2 coats. 
Side 2 of the Monet Monet duo is a shimmery yellow. The shimmer looks all sorts of gorgeous in the bottle, but unfortunately it didn't translate that well on the nail :( For some reason I just could not get a flattering picture of this polish. Yellow is really not the color for my skin tone. The formula was a little thin and runny. This is 4 coats.
Side 1 of the Vincent Van Gold duo is a surprise favorite for me. It's a deep purple with lovely blue shimmer. I'm not normally a fan of shimmery purples like this, but this is nice! The formula was a little thing because of the shimmer. This is 3 coats.
Lastly, side 2 of the Vincent Van Gold duo is a gold coppery frosty polish. This had the nicest formula out of all of them, unfortunately it's very brushstroke-y. I tried my best to apply this carefully, but the strokes just looks awful. This is 2 coats.
So because these were nail art duos, I figured I'd do a little nail art
I used the striping polishes to make this weird geometric line design. I think I really like vertical line designs. They make my nails look longer
Anyway that's all for today. Thanks for reading everyone!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment