Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ciate Tree Trinkets-Swatches

Hi! Hope everyone's having an awesome Saturday! So I recently picked up the Ciate Tree Trinkets gift set. It's a holiday set and has 6 mini Ciate glitter polishes, all packed into cute little ornament cases.Today I have all 6 polishes to show you! Not all of these glitters really say "holidays" to me, but they're all unique and awesome! The whole set was only $30 and can be purchased at Sephora, which I think is pretty decent for 6 polishes, even if they're mini sizes. Let's look at the polishes, shall we?


Each polish here is shown with one coat of topcoat. 

Candy Cane is the weirdo of the collection. It's the only glitter not in a clear base. It's got small and medium sized dark magenta polish in a matching magenta jelly base. This was rather sheer, the pinky and middle finger show Candy Cane three coats on its own. On the ring and index fingers is one coat over Butter London-Queen Vic. I much prefer this layered on its own, it just adds depth to it, and makes it look really sexy. And I love the color of this, it's so perfect for the holidays! The glitter in this was very evenly dispersed, and didn't require dabbing.
For the rest of the pictures, the ring finger shows the polish built up to opacity on its own, while the other fingers are one coat of the glitter layered a respective base color.

Wrap Start! is fine blueish purple glitter and larger red glitter. Now this is an interesting looking polish. I honestly didn't think I would like it very much, but it's actually pretty neat! I much prefer this polish on its own, it even has slight shades of purple when you tilt your fingers. This is layered over Essie-Lilacism. The glitter coverage was very good, but i don't really care for this polish layered. It's gorgeous on its own though!
Yule Rules is small turquoise glitter. It was a little sparse, but goes on evenly. I needed to dab a little to get the glitter where I wanted, but nothing serious. The ring finger is 3 coats, and the others are Yule Rules layered over Sinful Colors-Amethyst.
Tinsel Town is awesome multi colored glitter of different sizes. This was a favorite of mine, I love the colors in it! It's hard to tell, but the main colors appear to be pale pink and silver. The different colors of glitter didn't translate well in the pics. The glitter in this was rather sparse, and needed dabbing to get it even. The ring finger shows 3-4 coats, with some dabbing to cover bald spots. The rest is layered over China Glaze-For Audrey
Humbug is another surprise favorite of mine. It's small and medium black glitter, with medium and larger silver glitter. It's a really fun mix of different sizes! This has the largest glitter of the 6, and is the most sparse. I think this one was meant to be layered, it doesn't look that fantastic on its own. It was easier to dab the larger glitters into place, but the large glitter was very abundant and easy to get onto the nail. The glitter in this was very even and easy to get onto the nail. The ring finger is about 4 coats, with one coat over OPI-Chic From Ears to Tail 
All Aglow is very similar to Yule Rules, but with copper and orangey gold glitter instead of turquoise. The formula was similar, it had very good glitter coverage and was very even. This one drags a little, just wait between coats when applying it. The ring finger is three coats, and the other fingers are layered over Francesca's-Bellini. This is another polish that is just screaming "wear me on xmas!"
Overall, I really love this gift set. My faves would have to be Tinsel Town and Humbug. The glitters formula wise were a lot better than I expected them to be, and the quality of each polish is very good! Each polish is very unique in my collection, and for only $30(*correction, I checked again and the set's on sale. It's only $21 now! More incentive to buy!) I think this is a really good deal. So if you're buying a gift for a polish lover, I would highly recommend this :D
What do you guys think? Tell me which glitter is your fave!
Thanks for reading guys, I'll see you next time!
~Nova


No comments:

Post a Comment