Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Flower Nails On Essie- Ruffles & Feathers

Hey guys how is everyone? I'm actually typing this up on my phone right now, never done that before. It's kinda cool. I'm horrible at typing though so please excuse any typos. Today I'm sharing these cute large floral nails. I recently Vought Essie- Ruffles & Feathers which is this really pretty green creme polish that I'm using as the base here. Keep reading! 

Ruffles & Feathers has a really nice formula, this is 2 coats. It's a super pretty shade of my green and I think it's my favorite from Essie's new summer collection, which I forget the name of. 
To start the flowers I used a large dotting tool and OPI- My Boyfriend Scales Walls to make the white centers. The yellow flowers were made with Sally Hansen- Mellow Yellow and the pink flowers are OPI- Kiss Me On My Tulips which is probably my favorite pink now. I used my small detailing brush to draw in the petal shapes. 
After the flowers were done I outlined them with Milani- Black Swift to give them extra definition. I used the black to add a couple little details here and there, just to make the flowers look more complete. Topcoat did smudge my outlines a bit, though you don't really see it in these pictures. 
What do you guys think? I like the way these came out. The flowers were big and chunky, but at the same time they look delicate. I think these are great to wear in spring or summer, and you can use whatever colors you want!
That's all for today everyone, thanks you so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment