Friday, January 3, 2014

Lord of the Rings Black Speech Nails

Hi everyone! I had a snow day off from school today, how great is that?! Yay 3 day weekend! Anyway, apart from being a snow day, today is also a very special day. January 3rd is the birthday of the amazing author, J.R.R Tolkien, known for his works The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion. Lord of the Rings being my favorite thing ever, I had to honor this day with a manicure!


This is actually a manicure I've been wanting to do for while now, but I had to wait for the right color. My base of OPI-Goldeneye is so perfect, but I only got it recently. I didn't even realize Tolkien's birthday was today until a couple days ago! Then I was like *woah. Perfect timing dude*
 So I chose to do my manicure inspired by the black speech script that appears on the one ring:
It's in written in black speech, using Tengwar characters. Anyway, that's what inspired this design!
I can say with complete modesty that this is one of the best manicures I've ever done. 
I used two different brushes for this design, a long thin striping brush for the longer strokes, and a tiny detailing brush for the rest of the characters. 
These were surprisingly easy to do, and didn't take me that long at all! I did both hands, but honestly my right hand looks better than the left, so I didn't take pics of it. Which is weird cuz I'm a rightie :/
Yeah I put a million pictures in this post. But I love these so much! I never want to take them off they look so cool!
Ok I think I'm going to go like skydiving now or something. Because if I can write Tangwar with my left hand, I can do anything. 
Thanks so much for reading everyone, remember to appreciate Tolkien today by watching some Lord of the Rings :P I'll see you all next time! 
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment