Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Nail Art Square Spiral Things

Hello how is everybody's weekend going? I haven't been doing much of anything really, it's been fun. I had some sunlight today so I took some swatches for later this week. Today I have some nail art of these weird I'm gonna call them square spiral things:
They were inspired by this:
I get inspired by really weird things!
I'm not really sure if I like these or not. I don't have much experience with striping brushes, I honestly prefer dotting tools and stuff, so I thought it would be good if I got some practice with a striper. Maybe i should have started out with something simpler?

I started with a base of OPI-My Boyfriend Scales Walls then did the design on top with a striping brush. From pinkie to thumb the colors are: Zoya-Arizona, Essie-Playdate, A black polish from China, Illamasqua-Nomad, and Essie-Butler Please.
When the design was done I did a coat of Seche Vite and added the glitter. Then I used Essie-Matte About You matte top coat on top. I wasn't sure if the matte would work on top of the Seche, but it did! It even mattified the glitter! I'm not sure if I really like this matte thing though. I've never been one for matte nails. Anyway here's my left hand:
 Same thing as the right. So that was my nail art experience for today. I'm thinking maybe stay away from the striper brushes for a while. I'll stick to my all reliable dotting tools. I'll probably end up removing this design early, as in before the end of the week. My experience with Matte About You is that it chips kinda fast. But that's ok, I think these nails are sorta fugly anyway.
Also guess what I found out the other day in french class. Seche Vite literally means "dry quickly". Secher means to dry in french, and vite is quickly or fast. Lol applying my limited 4 years of french knowledge to real life!  
Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day! Extra day off yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment