Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sunday Nail Art (On Tuesday) Gold X's

Hey guys happy Tuesday! Lot's of freshmen in my school took a standardized bio exam this morning, but I took bio last year so I was basically the only one in all my morning classes haha. I had a lot of free time it was fun. I kind of wish I could just bring my nail polish and swatch, so I wouldn't be wasting so much time! Anyway... I did these nails on Sunday but then I didn't have enough sunlight to take the pictures until Monday, and then I was having uploading issues. I'm still working on all this uploading pictures thing, I've never really done it before! But I think I'm getting the hang of it.

So I did these on Sunday, while watching reruns of Psych on Netflix :P They were pretty easy, but to anyone whose not a nail artist I guess they look pretty hard. I love that.  

I used Revlon Gold Coin, a lovely gold foil, as the base. Then I applied striping tape in the X's pattern and painted over it. The accent nails are Butter London Royal Navy(my favorite blue ever!) and the other nails are Zoya Wednesday. You can also see some shrinkage on like my index finger and thumb because I didn't apply my Seche Vite carefully enough. Usually when I'm careful and wrap the tips of my nail well I can get away without shrinkage. I also use a coat of Essie Good To Go top coat on top, which prevents shrinkage. I know, it's wasteful. But it makes my manicures last nice and long without chipping and stay shiny.

Afterwards I got to play around with loose glitter. This was my FIRST ever time using loose glitter, and I have to say I really like it! It wasn't nearly as hard or painstaking as I thought it would be. But maybe that's just because my design is pretty simple. I'll have to play around with glitter some more. I applied some clear polish then immediately after licked a toothpick and used it to pick up the glitter and place it on the intersections of the gold X's. Easy!

I did this manicure on both my hands. It really annoys me when people have like different manicures on both hands because they can't paint their non dominant hands. When I do a nail design I make sure to choose one that I can do on BOTH my hands! I just think it looks better and more uniform that way.

I don't know if you can tell but my middle finger is different from the rest of the nails. It's sort of squashed in flat and less curved than the rest of my nails because I got it jammed in a door a while back and it's still messed up. Bugs the hell out of me.

That's it for my Sunday nail art. Tell me what you think!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment