Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ombre Chevrons

Sigh.
Why do I do this for you guys? I mean, I've got 3 tests this week, and an essay rough draft due on Thursday, plus marching band practice for 3 hours after school, 40 minutes of flute practice a day, and a season of Lost that needs finishing, and yet I still take valuable time out of my weekend to paint my nails and blog about them.
Answer:
Because I love doing it 
What other reason do I need? 
Case in point, let's look at this week's nails, shall we?
So uhm I know I said I love doing this...but dear God by the time I finished these I was so happy, because these nails were a PAIN. 
But they look great. so whatever 
And I promise that these look so much better in person. In person it's harder to see the places where I screwed up. 
:P
So the pretty gold base here is China Glaze-Blonde Bombshelll, which is this awesome yellow gold glittery base. You all know how much I ADORE blue and gold together!
The blues in order, from light to dark, are Essie-Lilacism, Orly-Snowcone, a blue polish from China, and Butter London-Royal Navy. That polish is my love. I have never found a blue that I love as much as Royal Navy. Apologies to the 30+ blues in my stash. 
But seriously like if I could marry a bottle of nail polish, it would be Royal Navy
I used striping tape to block out the lines, then painstakingly went in with the polish brush and did my best to paint between the freaking lines. I failed and spazzed a couple times. 
I did a reverse ombre on my ring fingers and thumbs as an accent nail.
So yeah it was kinda a bad idea for me to have painted every single one of my nails like this, because each nail took like 10 minutes to do, something that I did not realize until I started my left hand. 
I really wanted to not do anything on my left hand and just leave it gold, but you know how I'm like really OCD about this sort of thing. Of course they had to match!
So don't get me wrong, I really like these nails alot. I think they're pretty and they stand out and they're overall awesomeness. Let me just tell you that a lot of people think I wear fake nails or appliques or something. I think I need a shirt or something that says "I paint my own nails" on it. I dunno. That'd be cool.
I'm just saying that I'm probably not going to do a design this time consuming for a while. You're all just lucky that I had practically no homework this weekend. 
So yeah 2 coats of topcoat made them smooth and shiny and ready to wear! Yay! 
Now my hands are really cold and I have to pee.
And here's my cat
Just because he was being really cute today. 
Ok that's all guys and thanks for reading as always!
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment