Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-Tan, Brown, and Gold

Hi everyone! How've your weekends been? I've been watching lot's of Twin Peaks lately, which I guess is a little old for me, seeing as it was made in 1990, but it's SO GREAT! It's started getting really creepy and dark, which is just how I like it!
 So anyway, it's starting to get chillier here in NJ, and that can only mean one thing...autumn's here! I actually like fall alot, sweaters, blankets, my birthday, apple cider, and, for nail people like me, fall nail polish colors! Unfortunately for me, I'm really not a fall colors fan. I mean, reds, oranges, all these berry tones and dark greens, I'm not saying I hate all fall colors, you all know I looove me some navy! But in my head these fall colors just don't go together nicely. However, there is one fall palette that I like and will use, tans browns and golds! I love all the great brown shades that come out in the fall. And although gold is more of a "festive" color I suppose, I always put it with the fall colors. So today's nails are going to feature those exact colors:
Tan brown and gold! So this is one of the simpler designs I've done...it's also my first time ever trying chevron nails. I picked up these great chevron craft scissors at Michaels the other day, so I was like awesome I can do chevron nails now! Yay!


How it works is, you take some tape, I used masking tape cuz I prefer masking tape to scotch tape, and use the craft scissors to cut strips of the tape and boom, instant chevron "stencils"! I did get a little ocd though about the width of the strips, so yeah it kinda took me a while to cut all the tape. Idk i just get like that sometimes...
The dark brown is OPI-Berlin There, Done That, the fine gold glitter is Sally Hansen-Golden Rule (I am like so into that glitter right now! I can't explain it's just so awesome!), and the lightest tan/nude is OPI-Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?. I am still unable to get over the amazingness of that name. I think it's my favorite polish name in my entire collection. And I have a polish named Nova!
 So after all the base colors were dry, I used a toothpick to put a piece of large gold glitter on my index fingers and pinkies, near the cuticle. (the glitter on my index finger is catching the light and looks green :P). Then I gently pressed my little tape chevron stencils onto my ring fingers and thumbs, and just painted the other colors on top. It was so easy!


I really like these nails, and I'm going to have to keep practicing with my chevron-ing. I really love the chevron look, so be ready for more chevron designs in the future!
Also my cat has been occupying my desk chair all day...I guess he thinks it's his chair now. I had to do my physics lab on the floor. And I'm sitting on the floor typing. Because I can't use my chair. Thanks a lot cat.
So thank you for reading guys! I have to go and find out who killed Laura Palmer now so...no spoilers!  
Dale Cooper is the best.
I'm serious Twin Peaks is like my new favorite thing. 
Ok I'm done obsessing now. 
Byee
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment