Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Nail Art-The Resistance

Hi everyone! Gosh I'm SO excited to share my nails with you guys today! So if any of you know me, or even if this is your first time on this blog you can just check out the pics on the sidebar, you might see that I'm kind of a fan of the band Muse. 
Correction: Muse is my ALL TIME favorite band. Of all time. *Ever*
So first a little background, in case you've never heard of them. Muse is a UK band that formed in 1994, and consists of 3 members. They have released 6 studio albums, Showbiz, Origins of Symmetry, Absolution, Black Holes & Revelations, The Resistance, and The 2nd Law. Just saying...I own all 6. They have been nominated for 5 Grammy awards, and their 5th studio album, The Resistance, was their first album to win a grammy, for best rock album.
Ok so...nails:
Also I was totally listening to Muse on my ipod while doing these so :P
This manicure was inspired by the album art of The Resistance. Yayy! Glitter!
Let me just apologize now because I took like 50 pictures. These nails were just so sparkly and awesome I couldn't help it.
So the base here is Julep-Michelle. It's this awesome dark grey blue that's sorta almost black, but it's not, it's blue. God I just have such a love for navy/dark blue polishes! I must have at least like 5 navy polishes that are all basically the same color.
Michelle is a really great color and it's got a nice formula this is 1-2 coats, only some nails really needed the second. 
After that I applied a coat of Orly-Etoile to give it a nice silver shimmer. It's supposed to replicate the stars from the album cover. I sorta forgot to photograph this part :/
And after that came the glitter! Yayy! I picked this glitter up from Michaels. so technically it's "craft" glitter, but I was like wtf craft glitter=nail glitter, so voila. 
Basically the second I saw the awesome large hex glitter I knew I wanted to do nail art based on The Resistance. 
The design on the album has like a lot of gaps and holes in this honeycomb like pattern, so I tried to leave gaps between the glitters on my nails. My camera sort of fails at picking up sparkly stuff, but in person the design is definitely more visible. I tried not to get too glitter happy :)
On the thumbs I sorta wanted to do like the center of the album, where the Earth is in the middle of everything, but like I said, I GOT GLITTER HAPPY :0 I had like no room left to put the Earth. Oops. I did it a little better on my left hand:
I was able to leave more room in the middle of the nail. But still no earth :(
I used both large and small hex glitter in this design, cuz you can see on the album the hexagons get smaller and smaller. 

After I placed all the glitter I used a toothpick and white polish to make larger stars. 
I finished this design with THREE coats of top coat (!) cuz I really wanted the surface of the nail to be smooth and I didn't want the glitter sticking up or falling off. That's the only thing with large glitter, it tends to stick up in places. Other than that it's AWESOME. 
Overall I LOVE these nails! And the great thing is, even if you don't know what in the world Muse is (although you should!! They Rock! Literally!!) this design still looks really cool! I don't ever wanna take these off, they're like the coolest thing I've ever done.
Whew modesty be daaaamned.
 I guess I should also say that The Resistance really isn't my favorite Muse album at all...I just looove the album cover. clearly. My fave album by Muse has to be Absolution. I mean really, somebody go and listen to that album right now because I love it and it is fantastic.
So is anyone else here a Muse fan? Or is it just me...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/Muse_melbourne28012010.jpg
Yay Muse!
Anyway I hope you all liked this post and found it......ready for this....amusing 
:D
I know I know...I'm pathetic and I suck
I should just not be allowed to say words
Ok bye guys
~Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment