Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ripples From The Big Bang

Hey all happy Wednesday! How've you all been? I've only got a couple more days till Spring break, so super excited :) i have an older mani for you guys today. If you follow me on instagram (which you all should :P) I posted these for Lacquer Legion March, the theme was Lucky. Keep reading to see the inspiration!

So my mom gave me this article that I was supposed to "read", you can see the article at the bottom of the post. The article was entitled Ripples From the Big Bang, and I started thinking about how lucky we all are to be here, and how easy it would have been to have not happened. Basically humankind was one big mistake, and we could easily not exist, so we're all lucky to be alive. :)
So I based this nail design off the image on the article. 
After a white base, I applied Essie-Saturday Disco Fever (red), Zoya-Arizona (orange), and Sally Hansen-Mellow Yellow for the background. I used a radial gradient method to do that, basically I just painted the colors in a circle pattern on a makeup sponge, and applied it to the nail. I applied topcoat and cleaned up around my nail.
After that I used a small nail nail art brush and black polish to make the line pattern. I tried to follow the image best I could, but soon I just got bored and made kind of random lines. 
Here I have the original article and image for you guys to see. Pretty much the minute I saw this article I was like "nail art awesome!".  I don't think that's what my mom had in mind when she gave me this article haha.
That's all for today guys, be sure to come back next time for more fun nail stuff!
~Nova


No comments:

Post a Comment