Thursday, August 22, 2013

Double Post With Rose Gold Glitter

Hi everyone! How's everyone's day been? We got rain over here and band practice was cancelled, so I did lot's of swatching yay me! So today's post is a super fun one. Several days ago my friend Carlee sent me some pictures of her nails and wrote up a little blog post/description for me and wondered if I would post it for her. Of course I said yes, so today I'm happy to present Nicole By OPI-Haley Good Lookin'. This is actually pretty cool because I myself don't own any Nicole By OPI polishes! So these are the pics she took:
So Haley Good Lookin' is from Nicole By OPI's modern family collection. I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't watch Modern Family. 
This polish is a mix of rose-y gold glitter with some larger pieces of pink and fuchsia glitter mixed in. It definitely leans to the "rose" part of rose gold. This is a full coverage glitter and is meant to be worn on its own, so I don't really think you'd be able to layer it over anything. 
Ok so according to Carlee "the formula's ok this is one coat and you have to dip the brush back in a lot and dab it on. The brush is a nice medium size and spreads out easily. These pictures do not have top coat." 
So yeah when she sent me these pics I thought it would be cool to do sort of a "double post", so I picked the polish in my collection that I thought best matched HGL and I have swatches for you guys!
This is a Love & Beauty polish by Forever 21, I picked it up like AGES ago and never really used it. Don't know why because it's so pretty!
So this is sort of rose gold polish but it definitely leans more gold, in the bottle it looks sort of pinker but on the nail it's a much more of a golden color. It's small gold, silver, and pinkish copper glitter in this coppery-pink base. You can't really see the base color that well in the pics.
So this polish was kinda sheer and is probably more appropriate for layering, but I felt like wearing it on it's own and think it looks really cool this way. I really love this glitter color, it's almost like a nude glitter! Does that make sense? Not really...
The formula was very nice, it was a little sticky but that didn't make application any harder. This is 4 coats I believe, and there's a teensy bit of nail line showing, but it doesn't really bother me. Here's a closeup so you see the little glitter particles:
 Overall I really like this glitter! It looks really great on my skintone and I love the color. It also only cost $4 so hooray for cheapness!
So that's it for today! And if anyone else wants to write a blog post and would like me to post it feel free to send me pics and a description anytime! Thanks for reading guys and I'll see you all next time!
~Nova 


No comments:

Post a Comment